An Attended Transfer allows you to talk to the end destination before transferring the call, to give the end destination the name of the inbound caller or perhaps
determine whether the end destination really want to take the call.
1. Answer the call. Determine that you may need to transfer the call.
2. Place the call on “Park” by pressing SP0, SP1, SP2 or whatever your park buttons may be labeled.
3. Dial the extension of the end destination. This creates a new call connection. Ask the end destination if they would like to take the call.
4. If the end destination wants to take the call, the end destination can pickup the call directly from “Park #” – the park button that you originally placed your call on. The end destination pushes the corresponding Park # on their phone to pick up the call. Your 3CX setup may also have Parking Orbits accessed by quick keys, such as *01 and *02.
5. You can also return to your Park # button to talk to the inbound caller again. “Hello, again, Joyce. I will transfer you to Mr. Shiley now.”
5a. Now press transfer
5b. Dial end destination extension
5c. Press transfer again.
6. You can also let the caller know that the destination is not currently available.“Hello, again, Joyce. Mr. Shiley is not available now. Would you like his voicemail?” You can transfer the inbound call directly into the voicemail of the end destination.
6a. Press transfer
6b. Press *4
6c. Press the end destination extension
6d. Press transfer
*This sends the inbound call directly to the voicemail of the entered extension.